This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability
for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities
and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated in the medieval village square of Chilham, just 6 miles from Canterbury, Shelly`s Tea rooms serves sandwiches, baguettes, paninis, soup, oven baked jacket potatoes and of course hand made cakes and scones baked fresh each morning.
Located in the village square itself with free parking both directly outside and in the large car park a 2 minute walk away at the bottom of the hill, the village post office is a 2 minute walk and Chilham train station is a 15 minute walk. If you park in the car park at the bottom of the hill you will need to walk up the hill to enter the village square, this hill is moderately steep.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01227-730303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is CT4 8BY to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Chilham which is approx 0.5 miles away, taxis would have to be booked from Canterbury where accessible taxis are available, the nearest bus stop is 0.25 miles away in felborough close and go to both Ashford and Canterbury, buses run hourly for more information call stagecoach timetable info on 0871-200-22-33
- The streets in the village are tarmac and in generally good repair, however the village square at the top of a hill so all roads leading to/from it are sloped
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
- There is free car parking both in the village square which is level and in the car park a 2 minute walk away however this is up a moderately steep incline, the main car park at the entrance to the village is substantial and can even take coaches or minibuses with ease and is also free. The car park due to its rural location is not lit nor are the roads leading to the village itself.
- You can be dropped of directly in front of the Tea Rooms and then the driver can park their car, there is a step up at the entrance to the shop, due to it being 500 years old however someone is always on hand to assist you with getting a wheelchair in, the entrance door opens inwards and is not heavy and is 24 inches wide.
- There are no specific blue badge parking spaces
Restaurant, Bar & Bar Area
- The tea rooms have two rooms downstairs with a step leading up to one of the rooms, the toilets are located up stairs and again due to the age of the building the stairs are quite steep, there is a disabled toilet in the car park at the bottom of the hill, all chairs are upright and do not have arms there are also church pews for seating.
- It is recommended to call us and reserve a table if you are in wheelchair to ensure that a suitable table is available for you, we also have tables outside that are easily accessed.
- We cater for a gluten free diet please ask us for our selection
- Lighting is by way of both natural and wall lights
- Customer toilets are located upstairs and this is a steep staircase, however there are disabled toilets available in the car park.
Private Dining/Function Space
- At the front of the tea rooms we have tables and chairs, these are on tarmac and have good access, we offer table service so no need for you to come in at all if you are unable
- we welcome trained assistance dogs, a water bowl is always available at the front entrance
- Address (Inc postcode): Shellys Tea rooms 2 The Square Chilham Kent CT4 8BY
- Telephone: 01227-730303
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.shellystearooms.com
- Hours Of Operation: 10-6 7 days a week (excluding xmas day)
- Local Equipment Hire: Wheelchair and motability scooter hire 01303-274574 or 01843-848208
- Local Accessible Taxi: Andy cabs 01227-767111 Cab Co 01227-455455 Premier cars kent 01227-710310
- Local Public Transport: Stagecoach 0871-2002233