Remember we are all year round serving a full menu all day.
Remember we make our own Gluten Free Scones, Sponge Cakes and Soups as well as having gluten free bread, so you no longer need look on longingly as your friends indulge!
Hen Party, Baby Shower, Birthday…
just about any celebration can be enjoyed in our function room upstairs.
We have Gift Vouchers available to take with you today, either Full Afternoon Tea or Cream Tea!
Have you visited our Chilham Tea Rooms yet?
Chilham Castle now opens EVERY Tuesday beginning on May 29th!
So make a date in your diary now and after you have enjoyed strolling around the 320 acres of landscaped gardens why not indulge yourself in a Full Afternoon Tea at Shelly`s of Chilham! (booking required)
Take a bag of 2 homemade Flapjacks with you today for only £3.50
Keep up to date with the latest news at Shelly`s by subscribing to our newsletter
(Enter your email in the left-hand sidebar)
You can take a beautiful jar of our Loose Leaf Tea with you today for only £2.95!
Remember all of our scones, cakes, soups etc are made from scratch each day on the premises!
Interesting Tea Facts
- After water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world.
- There are an estimated 1,500 different types of tea
- Britain is the second-largest nation of tea drinkers per capita. Ireland is the first
- The United Kingdom drinks about 165 million cups of tea a day, or 62 billion cups per year
- All tea is made from the leaf of the plant Camellia sinensis, the specific types of tea are made by processing the tea leaves differently
- The tannic acid in black tea is said to help remove warts.